Trofie al Pesto
Yield: 4 servings
1 jar basil pesto, such as Roi or Niasca Portofino
500 gr trofie pasta, such as Pisani or Alta Valle Scrivia
6 small potatoes, boiled and cu tinto cubes
1 hanf full young green beans
Sea salt, to taste
Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, then season it with salt until it is as salty as the sea. Set up a large bowl filled with ice water nearby.
2. Drop the green beans into the boiling water until they turn bright green, about 1 to 2 minutes. Move them from the boiling water to the ice bath. Once cool, drain and dry the blanched green beans.
3. Place the pesto, boiled potatoes, and blanched beans in a saute pan, and set aside.
4. In the water previously used to cook the beans, cook the pasta until it is al dente, then drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
5. Add the pasta to the pesto in the saute pan but do not place over heat. Toss to combine, and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. If needed, add a small amount of the pasta cooking water to thin the pesto.
6. When the pasta is completely combined with the pesto and vegetables, place the dish into a warmed serving dish, and serve.